As a member of the Global Education Conference Educator’s Advisory Panel I would like to invite you to participate in our free online conference on global education.
The 2010 Global Education Conference will be held November 15 – 19, 2010, and is online and free. Details about the conference are available at http://www.globaleducationconference.com. The conference currently has scheduled 50 keynote addresses and over 300 general sessions from 62 countries. Sessions will be held in multiple time zones focusing on teachers, students, curriculum, policy/leadership and global issues.
To view the conference schedule go to: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/schedule.html
and select your timezone to view the schedule within your timezone. This link will take you to a complete schedule with all sessions. You can also insert sessions directly into your google calendar.
Sessions can also be viewed by tracks (Student, Teacher, Curriculum, Policy & Leadership, Global Issues, and Learning 2.0) by going to the conference webpage and selecting ‘sessions’, then the specific track you are interested in.
All sessions will be recorded and posted on the Global Education website, so if you see a workshop that your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend, you can always view it later. I will be posting this link after the conference is completed.
The sessions will all take place online, within Elluminate. For information on how to attend and make sure you have everything you need to participate go to: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/how-to-attend.html It is suggested that you check your computer prior to the session, then when the session starts you know you will be all set to participate. The link above gives great directions and support if you need it.
Just a few of the sessions that caught my eye were: (The below schedule is in GMT-5)
Monday, November 15:
• 7:00-8:00pm Don Knezek (ISTE) Keynote “ISTE Takes Technology Leadership Global for Digital Age Learning”
• 9:00-10:00pm Brian Mannix “Pay It Forward Across The Globe”
Tuesday, November 16:
• 3:00-4:00pm Kathleen Cushman “Students Share Six Powerful Ways to Motivate Them”
• 7:00-8:00pm Mary Risner “Preparing Students for the 21st Century Global Workplace: A Critical Need”
• 10:00-11:00pm Elizabeth T. Simmons Keynote “The Technology-Infused Creative Writing Program”
Wednesday, November 17:
• 4:00-5:00pm Maria Croley “Connecting, Collaborating and Communicating in the 21st Century”
Thursday, November 18:
• 5:00-6:00pm Amany Haroun AIKhayat “Effective Web 2.0 tools for Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic Learner”
• 6:00-7:00pm Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano “Becoming a Globally Connected Teacher”
Friday, November 19:
• 2:00-3:00 Milton Chen Keynote “Education Nation: Six Leading Edges of Innovation in Our Schools”
For your complete Global Education Conference Guide go to: http://www.scribd.com/doc/40518646/Global-Ed-Con-Guide
Check it out, it is going to be an amazing conference!